About Me

My photo
Derby, United Kingdom
I am a fun loving, God fearing, Chocolate eating, music playing, sister, daughter, housemate. I enjoy travelling and sleeping! And I hate celery!

Monday 12 January 2009

From the beginning!

Give a Year, Pray about a life time.


It all started back in 2004. I did a study abroad programme with my university, and I ended up in Michigan at Eastern Michigan University. Here I was blessed to be apart of a church - King of Love, and a student group - University Christian Fellowship. God totally blessed me with some amazing Pastors, and some of the best friends I have ever had!

I have been back and forth since then and each time I knew that God was calling me back, I just didn't know when! So last new year I attended a Student conference in America called Salt. God totally broke my heart for the nation of America. The phrase "Give a year and pray about a lifetime" was made a challenge for the people who felt called to missions. So hear I am believing that this is what God is calling me to do!

God gave me a picture for Eastern Michigan University. . . as I looked at at the campus I saw people chained down not able to move and there was a dark cloud over the top. Then I looked again and saw a huge tidal wave covering the campus. As it drained away, the chains were broken, the cloud had gone.
I believe that this is a picture of Gods glory, that there WILL be breakthrough, people will be freed from depression, Chains will be broken - chains of bondage, of sin and rebelion. That God will break in and bring freedom!

I want to be apart of what God has planned on this campus, I want to see change in this generation, most of all I want to make Jesus famous at Eastern Michigan University!

I know that God has called me there for such a time as this. So as of August 2009 I will be heading out to Michigan for a year to be a Campus Missionary.

I would appreciate your prayers for the next few months as I start raising support and making plans for what I will be doing!

Thanks for reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Mel - cheering you on ALL the way; we love you.
    D, L, N, J & M

    ReplyDelete