About Me

My photo
Derby, United Kingdom
I am a fun loving, God fearing, Chocolate eating, music playing, sister, daughter, housemate. I enjoy travelling and sleeping! And I hate celery!

Saturday 5 June 2010

Live each day


"A man can no more take in a supply of grace for the future than he can eat enough for the next six months, or take sufficient air into his lungs at one time to sustain life for a week. We must draw upon God's boundless store of grace from day to day as we need it." D L Moody

When we look back in history way back when the Israelites were in the desert with Moses all they could do was to rely on God and His provision! One moment in history God rained down food for His people this was called manna. 
Then the LORD said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day.Exodus 16:4a
It was not something that they were previously familiar with, as they asked what it was when they first saw it. (The word Manna itself in Hebrew means 'What is it?') It was similar to frost in appearance, and tasted like oil and honey wafers. It rapidly deteriorated and could not be stored long. 

God does not ask us to look to the future and make sure that we have everything together for life. (thank goodness!) I am so thankful for His daily provision, I don't have to have everything together, I don't have to be able to see all the money I need in my bank account for the next year, the next month, or even for tomorrow! My God will supply ALL my needs!

 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
(Matthew 6:25 - 34)

If we are obedient in seeking God first over and above everything else, I know that He would want nothing less than to make sure all our needs are supplied! All our needs! Financial needs, Job needs, housing needs, school needs, food needs, relationship needs! 

Before I came out here to the states I had half the amount of money I needed to keep me here for a year, but I knew this was were God wanted me, so I took a step of faith and came. 
In April 2010 my money ran out - I had enough to pay my rent at that was it! I started thinking and planning to to move back to England. But God spoke clearly to me at Forward '10 (Great Lakes Chi Alpha Staff meeting) there were at least 4 words that confirmed my staying here. "If God has called you to do something - DO IT" "God is faithful to His promises" 
I knew God was speaking to me! So I took another step an decided to stay! If God wanted me here He would have to provide for me! 
From that moment I have had enough money come in each month to sustain me! and more! I am totally amazed to watch how God enables me to pay ALL my bills! He is so good! and His is true to His word!
 
My thought - Take each day as it comes, and see how God works His miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment