About Me

My photo
Derby, United Kingdom
I am a fun loving, God fearing, Chocolate eating, music playing, sister, daughter, housemate. I enjoy travelling and sleeping! And I hate celery!

Saturday 5 February 2011

A lesson from the Dentist!

We all have fears.
fears of those 8 legged creatures, fears of dieing, fears of heights, or never seeing a loved on again. Fears can be crippling, they can get in the way and stop you achieving your dreams! One of my fears is the fear of dentists. I dislike them! It is true for the most part that the English do not rank first in the best looking teeth. Some would blame it on all the tea drinking, others on smoking, and others I guess poor hygiene!


When I was younger, I had a tooth knocked out whilst playing the recorder. It was not a trauma, but it did leave a lasting memory of dentists (not a good memory at that!) So much so, that in the last 10 years I have seen a dentist 3 times! 1st time was due to pain - lots of it! 2nd time was a check up and 3rd time was today - having a tooth pulled as a result of pain!
Why is it that a lot of the time, unless something is annoying you or giving you pain or not going your way, you are fine. For example - a car. Unless its making a funny noise or smell or lights start flashing, we presume everything is OK. Our bodies, unless something is in pain or doesn't function correctly, we carry on as normal.
I don't know if this is true for you, but I know it is for me! I wait until something is broken, to fix it, instead of preventing it in the first place!
Our relationship with God can be like this! How often do we go to God in the times of need? The times we are in pain? the times we want something?
How often do we just go to God just because we want to spend time with Him?
If I had made regular appointments with the dentist then I would not of had to have my tooth pulled today! It would have been prevented!
If we made regular appointments with God, what may have been prevented in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment