About Me

My photo
Derby, United Kingdom
I am a fun loving, God fearing, Chocolate eating, music playing, sister, daughter, housemate. I enjoy travelling and sleeping! And I hate celery!

Monday 3 January 2011

My Life is in YOUR hands.

Sunday December 28th - my life was shaken.

I was at home at my parents on Christmas day, and had to work the next day, so I left pretty early as I had to drive for 2 hours. I was about 15 minutes into my journey, and I had hit some ice on the road. At this point I slowed right down to about 30mph as this part of the road has a lot of bends. about a minute later, my back end went out and i skidded on black ice. I went to correct myself, but knew I was no longer in control. My words were . . . "oh my goodness, oh my goodness, I'm gone."
The next thing I know is that I am sat in my car upside down in a ditch that has water in it.

My first reaction (I think due to the amount of 24 I watch) was to turn off the ignition, just in case the fuel tank exploded!!!
I remember saying to my self "your fine, you have to get out!"
I remember taking my seat belt off, and I remember pushing the door open a couple of inches. Im not sure how I got out of such a small gap, and I have no idea how I ended up with my mobile phone in my hand!? All I can say is that God intervened just at the right time. There are so many things with this incident that do not make sense for example . . . why am I still alive? The police officer was surprised that I walked out alive! All I had were a few bruises, a bit of concussion, and some whiplash!

My life has a whole new meaning now!
God could have taken me right there! I could be in heaven sitting at his feet, BUT He didn't! He is not finished with me - he has greater things planned for me!
So my question now is "What is my purpose?" "what is it that God wants for my life?"
My life is completely in Gods hands - not what I want, but what He wants.

Is your life in Gods hands? Have you got dreams and desires, have you planned out your life? In Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future"
What are the plans that you have this year?
Unless the kernel of wheat falls to the ground, it will not produce fruit!
God give us desires and dreams - these are good things, BUT if your life becomes focused on making these happen, then you will be waiting for a long time.
There is a song that says it all

Found love beyond all reason
You gave Your life Your all for me
And called me Yours forever
Caught in the mercy fallout
I found hope found life
Found all I need
You're all I need

The time has come
To stand for all we believe in
So I for one am gonna
Give my praise to You

Today today it's all or nothing
All they way
The praise goes out to You
Yeah all the praise goes out to You
Today today I live for one thing
To give You praise
In everything I do
Yeah all the praise goes out to You

All we are is Yours
And all we're living for
Is all You are
Is all that You are Lord




Who are you living for? yourself?  Take a moment to write down your dreams and desires for this year, and surrender them, give them back to God!
He loves you so much that He wants the BEST for you, even if the best is not how you wanted things to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment